Fire Cider for Immune Health
Take a shot of this spicy and pungent infused vinegar drink, Fire Cider for a healthy gut and strong immune system
- 1 cup horseradish sliced
- 6 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 small yellow onion sliced
- 1 jalapeno sliced
- 1 lemon quartered with peel
- 2 inches fresh ginger root chopped
- 1 inch turmeric root chopped
- 2-3 sprigs rosemary fresh
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme (2 tbsp dried)
- 1 tbsp peppercorn whole
- 1 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar raw
- 3-4 tbsp raw honey optional
Gentle pack horseradish, garlic, onion, jalapeno, lemon, ginger, turmeric, rosemary, thyme and peppercorn into 1 quart (1L) sized mason jar.
Fill with apple cider vinegar, leaving about 1 inch to the top of the jar.
Cover tightly with a lid and allow vinegar mixture to infuse for 4-8 weeks.
Strain the vinegar and store in a sterilized bottle. Store at room temperature and suggested intake is 1 fluid ounce of fire cider as needed. Optional: for a milder flavour you can add raw honey before bottling, mixing well to dissolve first. Start with 1 tbsp and add until you have reach desired flavour.
- Crush the garlic to gain the highest antioxidant level.
- You may want to place a piece of parchment paper over a metal lid to prevent the apple cider vinegar from rusting the lid. Alternatively, you can use a plastic lid.
- Triple or quadruple the recipe if you want a daily dose of immune boosting goodness.